Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

The many faces of Oscar Pistorius


I can't remember a time, in my life, where the entire country has come to a stand still, like it has in the last few days.

Oscar, one of our proudest exports, have been caught up in a murder trial for the death of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.

I've had so many mixed emotions about the whole thing. His version of events, didn't really, in my mind, add up to a accident. Then, hearing from his defense  and other circumstantial evidence, you can't imagine that it would have been cold blooded murder.

As I sit, here right now, with Chief Magistrate Desmond Nair reading out the bail hearing in the background, I'm deeply saddened by this whole situation.

All I know now, and it remains the facts - someone died.
I hope that he is trialed accordingly - that our justice system prevails, whether it was a accident or done with malicious intent.

My heart goes out to her family, and also the Pistorius family in this time.
I feel overwhelmed with emotion for Oscar, and believe in my hear that it was a accident.
He has done so much good for our country - something we shouldn't forget.









 

1 comment: