Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

My Desert Holiday


I spent the holiday season in Namibia. I had 11 days of absolute bliss, good company, great views and loads of fun.

I arrived in Windhoek on the morning of the 26th. I remember almost breaking my eyeballs as I tried to find my friends car at the bus stop. I was so scared they might have forgotten my date and time of arrival.

I need not fear, their car was there and their friendly faces greeted me as I bolted out of the bus. I was officially on holiday.
I hastily got my bags from the concierge bus driver and we set off to Adie's parent's home for breakfast.
I've taken the bus many times, I don't mind it at all - in fact  I quite enjoy it, HOWEVER, the drive to NAM on the bus is incredibly long (22 hours), so getting off at Windhoek makes all the difference when the final destination is Swakopmund.

I wanted to shout 'suck on this bitches' when I got off, because I knew I was going to have a hearty breakfast, warm shower, friendly company and a swift drive to the sea - and so it was.

We arrived at Swakopmund later that afternoon, where my other friend Jaco fetched me. I was going to stay with him for the holidays. His parents recently moved into their dream house in Langstrand, so I was excited to see their new home too.

The first night, we didn't do too much, we had a great dinner with his family, also I was really tired after the bus trip.
The next morning we met Adie & Sanna at a restaurant in Swakopmund - that's where the eating started. More than anything we ate on this holiday. Freshly caught fish, delicious broetschens, loads of meat and spur, obvs the morning after new years.




We also celebrated Jaco's 28th birthday, spent lazy days on the beach, and drove up massive sand dunes. I love that place. I'd go back any time.








No comments:

Post a Comment