Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Thankful & Optimistic


I have seen many things come and go during 2012, and find so many new things to look forward to in this year.

2012 has brought with it a lot of laughter, love and tears. Most certainly the most trying year of my life. I started a new job, I quit, and again started a new (old) job. I bought a new car, I sold my old one. I tried my hand at fitness, and then stopped trying. 
I expressed my desires for many things to my family and friends, and on this blog - some came to pass and some didn't.
I've felt loved, and then not. 

This was really a difficult year for me, but I am thankful. More thankful for friends and family and my surroundings than I have ever been in my life. 
I never knew the measure in which friends, real friends, the ones that take the blame with you, the ones that quietly sits with you, and holds your hand when you don't feel like talking - love you. I have seen my friends collectively support each other throughout this year. I cannot express enough, my love and gratitude towards them. 

I am thankful for my family, they have cried with me, they have laughed with me and boy, do they love me, in a way that I cannot explain in words - for this I am thankful.

I am thankful for clarity, I've learnt so much about myself this year. I've learnt that I daydream more than I talk. I actually don't like red meat - I've realised this. I prefer a cultural holiday more than beaches. I'm not a too bad photographer. I hate going out in the northern suburbs - its torture. 

I am thankful for self worth. They say you expect the love you think you deserve - this is true. 

Now, with all the heavy weights of 2012 in the past, we go into a brand new 2013, with the only new years resolution of attending all the major music festivals in the western cape & oppikoppi.

I can't wait to make this year, the best year of my life. So here's to to 2013 - glasses up!

No comments:

Post a Comment