Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

This Wild Idea

I've realised recently that I prefer checking my Instagram feed to my Facebook and Twitter feeds, which I can attribute to 2 things. 1) I'm a visual person, so naturally I prefer pictures to text and 2) I get to make assumptions about your life looking at what you post.

Now, last night while my dog was bouncing around the house, I posted a picture of her. Got a follow from a friend, checked out who he follows, and found this man. Theron Humphrey

This guy, and in my opinion the definition of wanderlust, has traveled the 50 states of  'merica documenting the life of 1 person per day. While on this adventure, Theron started placing his dog on top of things, and photographing him, which resulted in a incredible amount of exposure- having had features on various publications including CNN, People Magazine & Ellen.

Here's a little exert from a article about Theron and Maddie from Anthology Magazine:

"Photographer Theron Humphrey is traversing the United States with his camera and his trusty canine companion to document the lives of everyday people. Entitled This Wild Idea, the project has taken him over 17,000 miles already. He’s taken 1,825 photos, and met hundreds of people, each with their own unique story to tell. Along the way, Theron began to capture his dog Maddie, a Maine coonhound, perched atop some of the most peculiar things. This burgeoning side project, aptly (and adorably) named Maddie on Things, is delightful. " found here

Also have a look at some of the things Maddie has stood on here.

Is this not the best thing you have ever seen?













1 comment:

  1. I love following this guy, he is sooo talented. And I just love his dog, so chilled

    ReplyDelete