Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Creative Maloney


Allow me to introduce the very talented Melissa Maloney, a 20-something graphic designer living in Cape Town.
I knew I wanted to feature her work as soon as I saw it for the first time. Her Owl Fetish is absolutely stunning and speaks to her love of fun, colourful and quirky illustrations.

Melissa draws inspiration from ordinary day-to-day experiences and the people in and around her life. “My illustrations usually happen ‘in the moment’, starting off with a doodle - which then evolves into a fun creation.”

How did The Owl Fetish come about?
I have a peculiar fetish for owls. Their wisdom, mystery and beauty truly inspire me. (I generally see myself as an owl in a human suit)

"To illustrate is like freedom to me. It’s that exact moment where I can let go of reality and enter into my own creative world.” Melissa Maloney

For those of you, who haven’t seen her work before, allow me to spoil you.

a peculiar mess*

away with words*

brave burger*

delicate delicatessen*

drawing an owl a day keeps bad karma away*

lovable lara on the look out*

mesmerized by mystery*

poignant persuasion*

rogue ricardo*

No comments:

Post a Comment