Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

My new favourite band: The Civil Wars


I first heard of the Civil Wars while watching the 2012 Grammy's. They introduced Taylor Swift by performing a minute of their hit song Barton Hallow (also the title of their debut album).

Note: If you give me a acoustic set + great vocals  I become your slave.

I Google'd them the very next morning, followed by some Youtube'ing - and so my love affair with them began. With their rendition of Billy Jean still fresh in my mind, I heard the most beautiful melody one morning as I was getting ready for work. I walked  closer to the TV set, only to see my new favourites partnering with Taylor Swift on the new Hunger Games soundtrack - Safe and Sound. Listening to this track is a must.

Last week I picked up my copy of The Civil Wars' debut album - Barton Hollow. Amazing!! It's been on repeat ever since. My favourite tracks off the album is Poison & Wine and 20 Years.
The band has been nominated, and won 2 Grammy awards for Best Country Duo/Group and Best Folk Album of 2012.

With all that said, here are some images and videos of this mucking afazing Folk Band.






No comments:

Post a Comment